My local mosque asked me and my wife to go there to discuss if a reconciliation between was possible. I said I wanted to give our marriage another chance, but my wife said she wanted a divorce. Next week, I am invited to attend another session, but this time to give her a divorce. I want to know if I refuse to give my wife a divorce, can she automatically receive it from the Shari'ah Council?

closed as unclear what you're asking by UmH, III-AK-III, Sassir, goldPseudo Nov 12 '17 at 17:18

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Welcome to Islam SE. Questions are expected to be specific, on topic, and with some research done prior to asking. Please refer to how to ask a question, and take a tour in the help center. – III-AK-III Apr 26 '17 at 0:27
  • @PointlessSpike the duplicate doesn't offer an accepted answer! – Medi1Saif Oct 26 '17 at 12:28
  • That's a separate issue. It's a bad idea to have half a dozen questions for the same thing just because they don't get answered. – PointlessSpike Oct 26 '17 at 12:29
  • 2
    I'm voting to close this question because it requires much more detailed information to be answerable. We don't know what the status of this 'Sharaiah Council' is ... does it have a mufti & jurisdiction from an Islamic government? Then it would depend on whether it is a case of fask or a khul. Then if it is khul, it would depend on the madhab and the reason behind it as some allow the qadi to force the husband to give a khul when the reasons behind it are severe enough. – UmH Nov 11 '17 at 11:59

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.