I have an idea to make a lunar calendar that is as definite as solar calendar so that it can be used globally in day-to-day life. I have heard that Saudi Arabia use lunar calendar. This calendar will be based on calculating the birth of moon in different parts of the world. My questions are:
- Does something like this already exist?
- Should I use the current time-zone or will I make make new time-zones for it?
- Usually the next islamic day changes after the setting of the sun. Should I change the date at 0000 hrs or when the sun sets?
- Is there any work that is already done in this area?
- Is there any resource for calculating moon-birth at different locations?
- If two different location within a same time-zone has different output for moon visibility, then what will be the date in that timezone?
Reference to any of question will be useful.