Land-animals are all considered Halal, who fulfill the following requirements:
- have flowing blood in them
- survive on grass and leaves
- do not prey on other animals (i.e. non-predatory terrestrial animals)
- is not poisonous or impure
- does not consume mostly impure things to the extent that it creates bad odor in its meat and milk
Such as a camel, cow, goat, buffalo, sheep, deer, etc. Donkey and pigs are exceptions from this general ruling, these are considered Haram for consumption.
Allah Most High says:
"And the grazing livestock He has created for you; in them is warmth and [numerous] benefits, and from them you eat." [Surah An-Nahl 16:5]
Allah Most High uses the term 'cattle' which refers to non-predatory animals, according to the unanimous agreement of all the linguistics.
Therefore kangaroo meat is Halal
See The Fiqh of Halal and Haram Animals for more details