I ended up having sex with my boyfriend who I plan on marrying, but did not plan on having sex with before marriage. Now that this has happened, I am extremely upset and ashamed of my act aswell. Will God forgive me and help me get rid of this depression? Also, I pray I don't get pregnant. I am extremely depressed with what I have done and I cannot even seek forgiveness for my act seems like the worst I could have done!! Also, I don’t want to get pregnant and I pray to God to protect me and save me from all this.

  • marry him immediately please, so the mistake doesn't repeat
    – Rafid
    Commented Sep 14, 2020 at 15:00
  • @Rafid this is not a good nor feasible advice, First both should repent sincerly secondly it is the boy who should marry the girl or ask for her hand in marriage first.
    – ياsr
    Commented Sep 15, 2020 at 22:46
  • @ياsr i agree with some of your points
    – Rafid
    Commented Oct 14, 2020 at 15:03

1 Answer 1


What you did is extremely bad but Allah is a lord that has Mercy on his servant and forgive them, try to pray to Allah and ask for his forgiveness and don't that it as a joke because by Allah what you did is nothing but zinna. In addition don't leave that your man if possible, marry him as soon as possible so that Allah may have mercy on both of you and forgive him. But I want you to know that after the praying for forgiveness, both of you should forget about past, leave it for Allah seek and focus on your present and future, I mean don't try it again Maa Salam

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .