I’m living in dubai but basically im from Pakistan i met here one girl who Christian but after she embraced Islam now we are willing to get marriage we do the all documentations and her parents also allowed her to get marriage but they are not present in dubai As per UAE law without complete documents molvi / qazi ca not performed nikah and due to the current situation she is enable to get letter from her country i wanted to ask once her guardian agreed for our marriage can we proceed our nikah by self under tow muslim witnesses with reciting khutba ?

  • If she has converted to Islam then she needs a Muslim guardian. There should be many similar questions and you'll certainly find an answer with all details if you just click on the tag nikah and check relevant posts.
    – Medi1Saif
    Jun 21, 2020 at 22:00
  • You should contact a lawyer or the authorities etc. for what is required according to national law. As stated by others she needs a Muslim guardian, the state acts as the guardian of one who does not have any.
    – UmH
    Jun 24, 2020 at 11:24

1 Answer 1


إذا كان اباها غير مسلم فلا يصلح كولى

فلا ولاية لغير المسلم على مسلمة

عليها ان تؤكل مؤمن صالح كولى لها

If her father not a Muslim he can’t be her guardian (wali)

Non-Muslim can’t be wali (guardian) for Muslim woman

She had to select a godly Muslim (Mo’omen saleh) to be her wali (guardian)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .