I am a Allah-fearing person and I need to find out if I am divorced according to Islam.

I am a young girl aged 30. My husband use to hit me, so I called the police on him and he was kicked out of the house. I can do this because I live in the UK. It's been two years now since this happened. He doesn't contact me and he has also remarried.

Now even I want to remarry and also start a new life. But I don't know if I am divorced and when to do my iddat and if I can get married again?


1 Answer 1


AoA brothers and sisters, You need to obtain divorce and observe iddah before remarrying, otherwise it could be considered cheating (altho I'm not too sure) Hope this helped and answered! -Amber

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .