I am not married but I am questioning if sex is haram or not in the Islam. I have not anyone yet except a sheikh and he told that I wasn’t so I curios so I decided to ask. I am new to the Islam so I don’t know anything
Sex is absolutely allowed (Halaal) and not haram in Islam. Because without sex the human race will cease to reproduce and perish from the planet.
As always though a few rules apply:
- Sexual intercourse must happen between a male and a female
- Sex while fasting is not allowed.
- Sexual intercourse during menstruation is not allowed.
- The female involved during sex should either be a wife or a concubine.
- If the female is a concubine, the male should be a sole owner/master of the female and she must have been obtained during war as war booty from the enemy or bought as a slave or obtained in the shape of a gift from another owner.
- If the female is a wife, she needs to meet a few conditions. For example: courtship is not allowed If a female bears one of the following relationship with the male:
Mother, daughter, sister, father's sister, mother's sister, brother's daughters, sister's daughters, son's wife, mothers who had breastfed, foster sisters, mother-in-law, and step-daughter under guardianship born to your wife from another man while you and her mother (your wife) has already done sex with each other. Furthermore, taking in marriage two sisters simultaneously is also not allowed.
The same rules apply to a female the other way around.
The source of my answer is from Quran chaptor 4 as its explained in greater detail from verses 20 to 30.
Hope that's the answer to your question.