Age of Empires is a popular video games series, it's a real-time strategy game. Is Age of Empires haram?
The reasons I think it's haram is the following:
- The ability to create villagers from the Town Center, you literally click on the Town Center and then, click on Create Villager, the same thing for the barracks, archery range, castles and other unit-producing building.
- The ability to make the enemies change their color and join your army, it is done through a monk, although it's not mentioned in the game, it's obvious that it means to convert to another religion.
- The ability to collect relics which when put in the religious building (Masjid for Muslim civilizations, Church for christian civilizations, and so on) which generates gold (an important resource in the game).
- Some AI characters (if you play single player) are named "Caliph Abu Bekr" or other Islamic figures.
- The religion of the monks is not said, it can be known from the civilization of that monk, a Turk monk is Muslim, I assume, because the religious building he is created from is a Masjid, the same for Britons (Churches), Aztecs (These pyramid shaped building), etc.
- The names of the AI players include other characters, like Genghis Khan.