Are there any traditions regarding how many people Musa led out of Egypt after Firaun commanded him to leave?
- The count of magicians who were brought to face Musa is not exactly known as "Ibn Kathir" in his book "al bedaya wa nehaya" as well as "Al-Suyuti" in his book "Dur al-Manthur" mentioned that there exists several numbers for them as following:
- Ibn Abi-Hatem said: 70
- kaab Al-Ahbar said: 12,000
- Muhammad ibn Ishak said: 15,000
- Abi-Amama said: 19,000
- Al-Saddi said: somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000
- Al-Qassem said: 70,000
- Muhammad ibn kaab said: 80,000
- For the people who went out of Egypt following Musa, it's mentioned in the book of "Dur al-Manthur" for "Al-Suyuti" that there was as following:
- Ibn Abi-Hatem said that Ibn Abbas said: 600,000
- Ibn Abi-Hatem said: 620,000 not counting neither young people below 20 years old nor old people above 60 years old
- Abd ibn Hmed said: more than 620,000
- Several people said that ibn Massoud said: 670,000
- Ibn Abi-shaiba and Ibn Gharer said: 670,000
However, it's worth to be mentioned that there's no religious benefit to know either of those counts.
It's also worth mentioning that most of the sources those tellers are telling from are Israeli stories and we as Muslims are told not to confirm or deny such stories if they are not contradicting Islam scriptures.