When I read Rebecca's question Are Muslims encouraged to read the Bible and/or the Torah? Why or why not?, it remind me An-Nahl verse 43. As it states:
And We sent not before you except men to whom We revealed [Our message]. So ask the people of the message if you do not know. Quran 16:43
Who are these "people of message"? Are they same as people of book?
If these people same as "people of book", my interpretation as "getting knowledge from these people is allowed" is wrong?
I read these questions and related answers also and it gives me more confusion because every reader got different understanding from this verse:
- An answer to "Read Quran with tafseer alone"
- Why Islam contradicts with Quran about the authenticity of Bible?
- An answer to "Between Halal and Haram"
- An answer to "How Do Muslims Deal with “Difficult” Parts of Prophet Mohammed's Life?"
- An answer to "Is it blasphemy to question Islam?"
- An answer to "Is ijtihad open in Islam (Sunni view)?"