Assalamualaikum wr wb
There are 6 cases in which you can talk about a person in their absence.
- Complaining (feedback) to a person of authority.
- Seeking help in changing an evil and turning evils to that which is correct: An example of this is if someone witnesses a person drinking alcohol and then he mentions that to his guardian seeking to correct him and assist in prohibiting evil.
- Seeking a religious ruling (fatwa)
- Warning the Muslim ummah
- Of an evil being committed openly by someone
- For identification of person who is known by a nickname.
The first two will fall into your category.
Hope this helps and Allah knows best.
Sources: Riyaadh-us-Saaliheen, chapter 256