I got married to a Muslim man in a civil marriage only and got split-up around 3 years ago but still haven't had divorced.

I have now met another Muslim man who I love and we both want to get married under Islam. So can we do this even though I'm not divorced from my civil Muslim husband?


No you cannot. You are still married to your (estranged) husband and as such your marriage to this man is unlawful under Islam.

You should first seek a divorce.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.