A Sahabi meets Dajjal: Fatima bint Qais said that she heard the voice of an announcer making an announcement that the prayer would be observed in the mosque (where) congregational prayer (is observed). So she set out towards the mosque and observed prayer with the Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) and she was in the row of the women which was near the row of men.
When Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) had finished his prayer, he sat on the pulpit, smiling, and said: Every worshipper should remain sitting in his place. He then said: Do you know why I have asked you to assemble? They said: Allah and His apostle know best. He said: By Allah, I have not made you assemble for exhortation or for a warning. I have detained you here because Tamim Dari, a Christian who came and accepted Islam, told me something which agrees with what I was telling you about the Dajjal. He narrated to me that he had sailed in a ship with thirty men of Banu Lakhm and Banu Judham and had been tossed by waves in the ocean for a month. Then these (waves) took them (near) the land within the ocean (island) at the time of sunset.
They sat in a small rowing-boat and landed on that island. There was a beast with long thick hair (and because of this) they could not distinguish his face from his back. They said:
- Woe to you, who can you be?
- Thereupon it said: I am al-Jassasah.
- They said: What is al-Jassasah?
- It said: You go to this very person in the monastery for he is eagerly waiting for you to know about you. So we came to you in hot haste fearing that that might be the Devil.
- He (that chained person) said: Tell me about the date-palm trees of Baysan.
- We said: In which respect do you seek information about it?
- He said: I ask you whether these trees bear fruit or not.
- We said: Yes.
- Thereupon he said: I think these will not bear fruit.
- He said: Inform me about the lake of Tabariyyah?
- We said: What do you want to know about it?
- He said: Is there water in it?
- They said: There is an abundance of water in it. Thereupon he said: I think it will soon dry up.
- He again said: Inform me about the spring of Zughar.
- They said: What do you want to know about it?
- He (the chained person) said: Is there water in it and does it irrigate (the land)?
- We said to him: Yes, there is an abundance of water in it and the inhabitants (of Medina) irrigate (land) with its help.
- He said: Inform me about the unlettered Prophet; what has he done?
- We said: He has left Mecca and has settled in Yathrib (Medina).
- He said: Do the Arabs fight against him?
- We said: Yes. He said: How does he deal with him?
- We informed him that he had overcome those in his neighborhood and they had submitted themselves before him.
- Thereupon he said to us: Had it actually happened?
- We said: Yes.
- Thereupon he said: If it is so that is better for them that they show obedience to him. I am going to tell you about myself. I am the Dajjal and will be soon permitted to leave. So I shall leave and travel in the land, and shall not spare any town where I shall not stay for forty nights except Mecca and Medina: these two (places) are prohibited (areas) for me and I shall not attempt to enter either of them. An angel with a sword in his hand will confront me and bar my way and there will be angels to guard every road leading to it. Then Allah's apostle (peace be upon him) striking the pulpit with the help of the end of his staff said: This implies Tayba meaning Medina.
- Have I not told you an account (of the Dajjal) like this?
- The people said: Yes, and this account narrated by Tamim Dari was liked by me for it corroborates the account which I gave to you in regard to him (Dajjal) at Medina and Mecca. Behold he (Dajjal) is in the Syrian sea (Mediterranean) or the Yemen sea (Arabian sea). Nay, on the contrary, he is in the east, he is in the east, he is in the east, and he pointed with his hand towards the east.
I haven't heard about this information. Is it related to any Hadith, if yes then which hadith